Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Putting Ignite Back Together.

So after we took the Firebox out of the equation the other night, we now had to put the new one back in.  This one did not come pre-configured. So I had to do all of the configuration with the Grass Valley tech on the phone.

Mostly it was put all of the cables back and set the ip addresses back like they were the other night.  But there is special software to configure the Firebox. 

I was told to install the software on either a scriptviewer pc or an ignite pc.  So I put it on Scriptviewer A (important later).  Got all of the configuration done and the ignite system seems to be pulling the data in again.  Got off the phone with the tech and had the production folks check it out.  No closed captioning.

Reset everything a few times... nothing. Ran around in circles and did a rain dance... nothing. I couldn't think of anything else.  Scott looked at the properties for the scriptviewer and noticed that the serial connection was  1200 baud 7 bit NONE parity and 1 stop.  That was wrong it should be ODD parity.  So he changed it and it worked but when he reset the computer it quit working.  Settings had reverted to NONE parity.

Turns out the Firebox config program left a couple of services running on the machine and they were changing the parity on the comm port settings.  We had to disable the services and then everything worked like it was supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment